Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Diary of Anne Frank, 1991

I have written many times here how much I have enjoyed working on a particular show and I know that I may seem that I loved all the shows that I have worked on over the years, but the 1991-92 season at Brockport was one of the best all-around seasons of plays that I have ever worked on.
Each play in the season was well done, had great casts and challenging sets to work on.
We were lucky at that time that we had a great core of tech students who enjoyed working on the plays.

I was the second time while I was at Brockport that we did The Diary of Anne Frank.
We had done the same show about eight years earlier and it should no surprise to readers of this Blog that we still had set pieces from that production in stock and were able to use several old pieces in the new set.




Program Cover

We used several windows and building top cut-outs on the skyline upstage of the set.
The same big sink was used and I am sure that some of the same furniture must have been used.
Although it was not really seen by the audience we welded a spiral staircase to the upper level.
It was one of the first pieces that we used our new MIG welder on.



Unlike today we did school matinees for many of the productions back then.
I think that year we were able to do matinees for all four productions which added nicely to our income that year.














* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment